Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 1996 16:28:47 -0700
From:      Steve Prentice <steve@aries.bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boca board 8port, PROBLEMS!

I have recently installed a new 8 port bocaboard.  I read the sio man
page, the handbook and the FAQ, and set everything up accordingly.  And
it appears to work when the machine boots; the kernel probes each port
and it comes back with:

sio4 at 0x100-0x107 flags 0xb05 on isa
sio4: type 16550A (multiport)
sio5 at 0x108-0x10f flags 0xb05 on isa
sio5: type 16550A (multiport)
sio6 at 0x110-0x117 flags 0xb05 on isa
sio6: type 16550A (multiport)
sio7 at 0x118-0x11f flags 0xb05 on isa
sio7: type 16550A (multiport)
sio8 at 0x120-0x127 flags 0xb05 on isa
sio8: type 16550A (multiport)
sio9 at 0x128-0x12f flags 0xb05 on isa
sio9: type 16550A (multiport)
sio10 at 0x130-0x137 flags 0xb05 on isa
sio10: type 16550A (multiport)
sio11 at 0x138-0x13f irq 13 flags 0xb05 on isa
sio11: type 16550A (multiport master)

When I the machine starts the getty's, no errors are returned, but the
modem's 'tr' lights do not come on.  When I run cu -l /dev/cuaa4, it
comes back with "connected", but I can't type anything to the modem, and
again the 'tr' light does not come on.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Steve Prentice
Big Bend Community College