Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 2003 00:41:28 -0700
From:      "Evan Dower" <evantd@hotmail.com>
To:        css3@duke.edu, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sched_Ule

I ran with SCHED_ULE for a couple days recently and had trouble beyond just
sluggishness. When doing really intensive tasks such as buildworld or
installworld, the computer would actually stall. The first time was
immediately after booting single user after building the world and kernel. I
started and installworld, and it hung there until I did a hard reset.
Horrible timing for it, but such is life. Later (after I fixed the damage
from the partial install) it hung when doing my buildworld, so I booted up
on a different (SCHED_4BSD) kernel to do the buildworld (subsequently
switching back to SCHED_4BSD). If you want any particulars about my system
just let me know.
--
Evan Dower
Undergraduate, Computer Science