Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:49:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Falco Krepel <krepel@fokus.gmd.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PXE boot image defective!

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Falco Krepel wrote:

Sorry if there is some misunderstanding:

The last line I mentioned IS a blinking colored block graphics, but within
the blocks I have wild spread characters and the last line of these blonking,
character filled block graphics contains the mentioned line.

Well, sorry to say this, but I feel better that someone has also revealed
this problem because I suspect my self watching white mice ...
I watched the code changes in /usr/src/sys/boot and found that
src/sys/boot/i386/boot2/boot2.c and src/sys/boot/i386/boot2/boot1.s
has been changed also 8 days ago. I will remove the newer ones and then
see if they involves pxeboot ...

Thanks a lot!

:>I have with FreeBSD 5.0 the same effect since 29th may 2001, but without
:>the last line (only blinking, colored block graphics).
:>
:>Actually I make some debugging. From the 28 to the 29 only the binutils
:>(v 2.11.0) are imported and it seems that the opjcopy command is the
:>reason for that. Because the pxeldr and the loader are the same and the
:>linked pxeboot differ.
:>
:>But I make some further debugging to be sure.
:>
:>--
:>Falco Krepel			Phone:  +49-(0)30 - 34 63 - 7 276
:>GMD-FOKUS			Fax:    +49-(0)30 - 34 63 - 8 276
:>Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31	e-mail: krepel@fokus.gmd.de
:>10589 Berlin			WWW:	http://www.fokus.gmd.de/usr/krepel
:>

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)