Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:32:30 -0600
From:      Jason Hunt <jhunt@satx.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD/Xfree86 4.01/IntelliMouse

greetings,

i have a problem, someone might be able to help
me out with.  i am new to freeBSD, but not unix.

mouse is causing me some problems in X.  my /etc/
X11/XF86Config has this information in the pointer
section.

Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"

i also tried "ExplorerPS/2", but it seems that
is not supported under freebsd.  Anyway,
when X starts the mouse acts crazy..  can't
do anything.. I use the exact same mouse in
xfree86 4.01 in linux, with no problems.

does it have something to do with the mouse
daemon that freebsd runs?  i noticed
it is using moused -t intellimouse -p /dev/psm0
for its syntax.. i tried setting the
dev to /dev/psm0, but no luck either.

thanks for any help