Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:33:45 +0200
From:      Paul Hernaus <phernaus@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ESS soundcard not working

On Monday 09 September 2002 09:53, Xride Xride wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a compaq armada 7400 with an ESS soundcard buildin.
> This card work with stable till 1-2 months ago and haven't worked
> since. I have this in my kernel:
> device pcm
>
> It is not even found during boot.
> It is a PCI card, is there a way that I can see if the card is
> better get it to work again.

I have a Compaq Presario 1800, also with an ESS (Solo-1) soundcard. This=20
card works mostly fine, is always detected, but if I run Windows and=20
want to run FreeBSD, I have to switch my computer completely off first,=20
otherwise the soundcard will only produce white noise in FreeBSD.

Best Regards,
Paul Hernaus.