Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:30:12 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
Cc:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

> It would look Really Good on, say, 3.1-RELEASE release notes to say:
> 	* Full IPv6 implementation in-kernel and libc!
> Just a thought :)

It would suck, however, if the consensus was that we rushed the
integration just to get the check-mark item.  The people in the driving
seat are acutely aware of the pros and cons, and I'm inclined to accept
their judgement (while also accepting that supportive noise from the
userbase such as yours is also *extremely* valuable).