Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:36:55 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <VIVEK@KHERA.ORG>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   change in apache port configuration options

It seems that the recent changes to the apache20 port Makefile.modules
has broken how I've been configuring my systems.

In my make.conf file I have globally set the following:

WITH_BDB_VER=43

which instructs many ports to use that version of Berkeley DB.

Furtnermore, in my apache configuration in make.conf, I have:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/apache2*}
WITH_PROXY_MODULES=YES
WITH_BERKELEYDB=db${WITH_BDB_VER}
.endif

Now, this worked just fine for a long time, but as of the latest
updates to apache20 port, I get this error:

Variable WITH_BDB_VER is recursive.

This seems to stem from the Makefile.modules trying to set the
WITH_BDB_VER variable itself.  I was under the impression that the
WITH_* twiddles for the use of the end user, not the port itself.  Is
this correct?

The fix seems to be setting WITH_BDB instead of setting
WITH_BERKELEYDB with the version.