Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:18:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More ATAPI Zip news (will he ever shut up?)

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Mike Smith wrote:
> Just keeping people informed; the latest Award BIOS *does* appear to be
> able to boot from the ATAPI Zip.  Curiouser and curiouser.

That's a bit of good news.

I've based a new system on booting off of these puppies and the
one I used for testing, picked up two weeks ago, works fine.
I'm not looking forward to coming up with an alternative.

The iomega web site is still refering to them as IDE Zip drives,
has the packaging, part number or anything else changed?

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com