Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 00:48:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@cisco.com>
Cc:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com (Peter da Silva), hasty@star-gate.com, fbsd@clem.systemsix.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> I really get scared when people start moving things like ncftp and lynx into
> the /src tree.  Who the hell has time to keep everything tracked?  Who the

Well, let's be fair.  Things like ncftp moved in because we needed
some sort of default ftp command that the installation framework could
COUNT ON to do unattended ftps.  The release framework doesn't have
provisions for dealing with pieces that need to be obtained from ports
or packages, so..  If somebody has a yen to HELP with the install
framework, trust me - we won't argue! :-)

> you needed it or not.  Frankly, I think a package-collection feature added
> to the package tool would be cool... then I could specify an uber package
> consisting of:

Indeed.  Now who's going to write the ueberpackage framework? :-)

					Jordan