Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:11:06 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interesting Change In ssh Behavior

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>I just recently update one 6.2 and one 4.11 machine to the latest stable
>sources and built world.  Now, for some odd reason, I cannot tunnel X
>via ssh from remote clients.  Did the defaults for sshd change lately
>or is there some other culprit?

First make sure that the sshd_config file on the server machine
has ``X11Forwarding yes'' set.

You should then be able to handle x11 using ``ssh -Y command''
instead of the old ``ssh -X command''.

If you want to be able to do this without requiring the ``-Y''
option, add ``ForwardX11Trusted yes'' to the ssh_config file on
the remote machine.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in
session. -- Mark Twain