Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "F. Even" <freebsdlists@elitists.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading 4.0 to stable

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, F. Even wrote:

> My problem being though is the box is about 60 mi. away and I have limited
> access to it.  I was hoping to be able to pull this off remotely....
>
> What I'm basically looking for is guidance on actually doing an upgrade.

Then listen to someone who's been there and done that. The amount of
hassle, and potential for massive destruction, far overshadows any
inconvenience you may experience by having to drive there and do it in
person. Not to mention, you will actually save time in the long run,
even including the drive.

Of course, in the end it's up to you, so good luck.

Doug