Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:54:59 -0000
From:      "Lawrence Farr" <lawrence@epcdirect.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Named crashing

I run this off a crontab every 5 minutes. It's not pretty,
but it works, and keeps the server going till
I can get riund and upgrade them all!

#!/bin/sh

stat=`ps ax | grep named | grep -v "grep" | /usr/bin/grep -v "/bin"`

if ! [ "$stat" = "" ]
then

else
echo "Doh!" | mail -s "Named is dead, restarting" root
/usr/sbin/named
fi

Lawrence Farr
EPC Direct Limited mailto:lawrence@epcdirect.co.uk
T:01179666123 F:01179666111 M:07970780901