Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 14:54:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        root@ns2.warp.co.uk (SuperUser)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current release & sendmail

In a previous message, SuperUser said:
> hi
>
> What version of sendmail does the current release of FreeBSD come with?
>
> We are trying to get sendmail 8.7.x to work with mailertables/procmail and
> virtual domain routing from user@theirhost.warp.co.uk into
> mailspool/theirhost mailbox. We are expericing problems with trying to get
> sendmail & db.tar.gz from berkely to compile on a linux box.
>
> We already have a basic system in operation so don't want to format a
> drive unless we know that they are already working on a freebsd system

2.1.6.1 (rerolled 2.1.6 for the following reason) has sendmail 8.8.3 on it.
And about 2-3 weeks ago CERT came out with a big warning on sendmail. Huge
security hole on 8.6.x up to 8.8.2.

You REALLY want to upgrade any sendmail to 8.8.3. I grabbed 8.8.3 and it
compiled like a dream on 2.1.5 and 2.1.6.

Paul.

--
I don't think its takes a conspiracy to cause so much bad judgement. The
combination of guys who have at best so-so IQ's, and a total lack of

B^2 - on Government