Date:      Wed, 8 May 1996 19:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Greg Laslett <abseil@thehub.com.au>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Seeking Help from a PPP guru

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Greg Laslett wrote:

Please avoid putting your text on one big line.  Thanks.

> I am trying to dial a PPP connection from one of my BSD PC's to a Sun
Workstation.  Said PC is partitioned with a small Windows 95 area as well.
Under Win 95 I can successfully get a PPP connection to the Sun, hence any
problem with the Sun, Modem, PC etc is ruled out.  Authentication in both
cases is via login to the Sun.  As far as I know no CHAP/PAP is involved.

OK...

> Snooping further I notice that ACCMAP for the Sun side is FFFFFFFF but
zero for mine.  Both numbers are zero when I dial another 'working' site.
I've tried setting ACCMAP to FFFFFFFF on my side but to no avail.

I've seen this problem before.  Something is telling me to disable pred1
compression.