Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 23:38:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        count@key.hole.fi (Bror 'Count' Heinola)
Subject:   Re: Pioneer CD changer problem

As Bror 'Count' Heinola wrote:

> > Can you here it swapping the disk in by the same time?  Does it
> > continue to fail even after a few attempts?
>
> 	Yes, and yes.

The second `yes' is strange.  The Nakamichi seem to respond timely
after a few attempts.  Only mounting (i.e., cdopen()) appears to be
that time-critical, once the disks are mounted, i can swap them around
at will as long as i'm reading only one medium at a time.  Concurrent
reading will first thrash the changer, and eventually cause more
serious faults later.

> 	Anyways, any pointers to the code where I might go and change
> 	the current timeout values?

It's the 7th parameter to the function scsi_scsi_cmd(), have a look at
/sys/scsi/cd.c.  (Btw., things like scsi_scsi_cmd() are good candidates
for section 9 man pages.  If someone provides me with the input data,
i'm offering help to -mdoc'ify them.)

--
cheers, J"org