Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 17:18:44 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Query on SSL / SSLeay

Whats the situation in 4.3 RELEASE with the SSL library & the SSLeay module
(both apparently desirable with webmin).

When I tried to install OpenSSL from ports I get a "forbidden .... OpenSSL
is included in base system". I don't know what its called
but it doesn't appear to be anything like what I'd expect.

Assuming that OpenSSL really is in the base system, why does
SSLeay install from ports fail with error message about "OpenSSL
cannot be found" ??