Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:19:56 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Philip Hallstrom <freebsd@philip.pjkh.com>
Subject:   Re: IRQ problems b/n USB and PCI modem... help!

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:24:28PM -0700, Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> Hi all -
> 	I am in IRQ h*ll.  I'm trying to setup an box to use as an inbound=20
> modem server...

> I am pretty sure my problem is that the USB controller and the third mode=
m=20
> are both using IRQ 9, but I can't think of any way to resolve that.

> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work?  Should I try FreeBS=
D=20
> 5.x?

If tou try 5.x, and the machine works with acpi, you can set the
interrupt to use in /boot/loader.conf:
hw.acpi.pci.link.%d.%d.%d.irq=3D<num> where %d.%d.%d is the device
selector, and <num> is the irq to use. See acpi(4).

Roland
--=20
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in e-mail
public key: http://www.keyserver.net / \    Respect for open standards

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8