Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:56:13 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@mail.yourfit.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI errors: Invalidating pack

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, John Polstra wrote:

> In article <200007260257.TAA31155@squishy.slurping.com>,
> Rich Prillinger  <richp@richp.com> wrote:
> >
> > [...SCSI "invalidating pack" errors...]
>
> Anoncvs.freebsd.org had this problem about 2 weeks ago.  I mailed the
> messages to Justin Gibbs and he told me that the problem is caused by
> a firmware bug in the Seagate drives.  Anoncvs has slightly different
> drives, but I bet its the same bug:

    Since you mentioned anoncvs, I wanted to report that I've had
ZERO success at accessing anoncvs (it would be handy to do to pull
down a handful of files if you wanted to fall back to a specific
revision after running into a problem following a cvsup, for example).
I also noticed that although there are directions for using anoncvs
in the documentation that gets locally installed from the 4.0-RELEASE
CD, that information is missing from the online handbook.

    Following the directions that came with 4.0-RELEASE, I always get
a "connection refused" message when I attempt a cvs login.  Is that
intended?

Regards,
--
Chris BeHanna