Date:      24 Jul 96 13:13:00
From:      sam@limousine.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help: FreeBSD Installation Guide

Hi,

I am interested in the FreeBSD.  I have read the installation guide on
'ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-RELEASE/INSTALL.TXT' and other documentation
in the same directory along with the FAQ. I did not find any thing for the true
beginners.

What is really the FIRST STEP?.  Do we need to download the entire
'2.1.0-RELEASE' directory? If so, what do we do next? The installation guide
talked about a boot floppy but did not mention how to make one.  In section 2.3
('Before installing from a DOS partition') the author again mentioned CD ROM.
Do we have to have the CD?

In section 2.5.2 (Preparing for FTP installation) the installation guide is
missing the every important step i.e How to trigger the installation procedure?

Could you please help me out here? Any documentation on the Web?

Thanks in advance.

Sam Zafar
sam@limousine.com