Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:54:17 +0200
From:      Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
To:        infofarmer@mail.ru
Cc:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Subject:   Re: exec make buildworld

On Apr 4, 2005 12:03 PM, Andrew P. <infofarmer@mail.ru> wrote:
> Jonathan Chen wrote:

> >>Doh i forgot the important part again, without using screen :)
> >

> >     # make buildworld >& log.file &
> >     # logout
>
> It's kinda strange, but it didn't work for me yesterday.
> The build stopped as soon as I logged out, I used
> Ctrl-D instead of logout though.
>
> What I find more comfortable is
> # at + 1 minute
> make buildworld
> Ctrl-D
>
> Some time after I have new mail, containing all the
> output (stdout and stderr) from the task. That's cute.

i think it did not work because you have to do "exec make buildworld >
log.file & logout" dont know did not try it yet :)

Is ctrl+D the same as close exit or logout or does it stand for detach
and run in the background ? If i do ctrl +D in a terminal doing
nothing ? Will the terminal be runing forever in the background doing
nothing untill i kill it ?
Where can you find a list of csh ctrl commands ?