Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:32:08 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@mass.cdrom.com>
To:        "Douglas Kuntz" <dakuntz@home.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot error

First things first; try using English for your problem reports.  A large
slice of the community that might be able to answer your questions don't
use it as their first language, and by using leet-speek you immediately
eliminate them as a source of help.

> Before I go do a fresh SNAP install, I wanted to see if there was an easier
> way to fix this problem...
> My -current box was a celeron...I had to switch the celeron and mboard to my
> windoze machine to get a vidcard werkin...I recompiled the kernel to 486,
> 586, and 686, and moved the HD, the cards, etc, over to the K6-2 400 I
> had...now, everytime at boot, before it even prompts for which OS to start,
> it has a bootloader problem...if I recall it was something like:
> BTX 1.0.0  BTX Loader 1.0.1
> then "System Halted"
>
> I tried the fixit floppy, etc, and that partially worked, but locked when it
> was mounting the filesystem.
> I'm sorry that I cant provide any more info...I only have 1 monitor and cant
> copy/paste between 2 pcs.

I'm sorry, but without a lot more information all I can say is "you done
something wrong".

You might start with an exhaustive list of the relevant hardware in the
actual system in question, followed by the actual set of physical changes
which took it from "working" to "not working".  We're not telepathic, and
we don't have the time to hunt you down and steal all your hardware to
solve your own problems, so you're going to have to help us out here.