Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:38:11 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        ticso@cicely.de, Brad Hughes <freebsd@thc-cs.ath.cx>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCM Microsystems Inc. eUSB SmartMedia Adapter

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 07:03:36PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:12:21PM +0100, Bernd Walter wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:58:12AM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > > On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:13:49PM -0500, Brad Hughes wrote:
> > > Try to remove device ugen from your kernel; it is a bit agressive when
> > > 'claiming' USB devices. I had the same problem with an USB gamepad and
> > > uhid devices.
> >
> > This shouldn't be possible.
> > Can you show an example when this happens?
>
> It used to happen with my Thrustmaster Firestorm Wireless gamepad.
> At the time I had both uhid & ugen in my kernel, it also happened when
> I used uhid as a loadable module. It finally worked when I removed
> ugen from my kernel configuration file, and used the uhid module.
> I never tested to see whether using uhid in a kernel configuration
> file (instead of a module) worked because I was happy to get it
> to play nicely.

If the device is attached with only ugen available then of course ugen
gets it.
When you load a module later, then the decision about the driver for
that device has already been made.
But I don't see how this could happen if you already have uhid in
the kernel.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de