Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:31:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM/Cyrix PR200+

 * > My too -- however, i suppose that Pentium-oriented copy/zero block
 * > procedures don't work.
 *
 * Oh they do but much slower then the regular ones.
 *
 * Always use "flags 0x7" for npx0 in your config. file for both Cyrix and
 * AMD's processors.

Speaking of which, can anyone with an *MX processor check the gus mmx
extension PR (filed under "gnu", I think) and try and see if copying
through the mmx registers instead of FP would be faster for some of
the CPU's?

Satoshi