Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:14:28 -0400
From:      Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw@unete.cl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: Every time I get the sources I can't compile...

Wegener wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Every time I get the sources I can't compile the source
> > tree, buildworld fails or buildkernel fails. ??Is any way
> > to know which revision is working?
> >
> > I've tried with the GENERIC kernel and fails, custom kernel
> > configurations fails too.
> >
> > ??Any way to get a working copy of -CURRENT?
>
> There's a large amount of missing detail.

  Ok...

> 1) What architecture?

  i386

> 2) How do you get the source code?

  anoncvs

> 3) Are you setting anything in /etc/make.conf?

  just prescott at CPUTYPE an -O2 -pipe on CFLAGS

> 4) What is the failure (ie exact error message)?

  I've included streams support in the kernel, and fails
to compile. The manual page only includes the streams
device, but seems to have broken dependencies.

> 5) What a minimum description of the hardware?

  A normal PC with a prescott processor.

> I've rebuilt working -current on i386 and amd64
> where the source is retrieved by anoncvs and
> csup on the different systems in the last two days.

  I've removed the streams device and now works...

Regards,
--
 .O. | Daniel Molina Wegener   | C/C++ Developer
 ..O | dmw [at] unete [dot] cl | FOSS Coding Adict