Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:24:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-current)
Subject:   pcvt/132 columns

I don't know if this is the right place -- but I'll put it out to all takers.

I've got an STB Lightspeed card (ET4000-W32p) running on 2.2-GAMMA with
XFree86's XF86_W32 server.  The card works nicely (actually, I was getting
wierd problems with the S3Trio64v and this seems more stable in this machine).

Anyway, I'm running PCVT and I found the card now does 132 column (NEAT!)
vt100 emulation.  The pcvt code talks about ET400 - but not the W32p
so it may just be an accident it works.

However, once I run X -- the sync rate is screwed up and 132 is no good.

Anyone seen this or have recommendations.  I know the pcvt for FreeBSD
2.2 is different than the pcvt-3.32.tar.gz I've got -- anyone know if this
is fixed in a newer version than 3.20-b24 that's in 2.2-GAMMA.
I'd love both X and 132 columns without a reboot.

Bill
| Bill/Carolyn Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive | Tinton Falls, New Jersey 07724 |
| 908-389-3592 |  Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.    |
| pechter@shell.monmouth.com                                                |
| This message brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.         |