Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:38:58 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.9 stability update

--FLPM4o+7JoHGki3m

> Scott Long wrote:
> > All,
> >=20
> > We'd like to get a new poll on the stability and readiness of 4.9.  The
> > belief is that the last of the PAE-induced instability was resolved on
> > August 31.  Is anyone still experiencing unusual crashes, corruption,
> > etc, on a system that is running with up-to-date sources?  Now is the
> > time to speak up and get the problems resolved so that we can make the
> > deadline by next weekend.  Any new testing would be highly appreciated,
> > especially in reduced-memory configurations and of course >4GB PAE
> > configurations.

I have a machine with 20MB of memory which consistently panics when running
"portsdb -Uu".  So far I haven't captured one with a matching debug kernel,
a situation which I've now corrected.  One thing of note is that so far all
the vmcores have been exactly the same size (a number which I also forget at
present).  Now that I've gotten the machine setup with a debug kernel and
matching source I'm going to trigger a few panics and post results here. Th=
at
will take a while (~5 hours per panic; it's a slow machine).

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--FLPM4o+7JoHGki3m

--FLPM4o+7JoHGki3m--