Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 1995 22:25:35 +0400 (GMT+0400)
From:      Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
To:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Cc:        rcarter@geli.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?

On Thu, 20 Apr 1995, Peter da Silva wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 06:47:46 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
> To: Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
> Cc: rcarter@geli.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: Case for FreeBSD presentation docs?

> >                               ^^
> > AXP PCI 33 board costs approx 1100 USD with 166 mhz Alpha in the States
>
> And OSF/1 costs over $1500 (or rather, the price difference for OSF/1 is
> over $1500).
Well, 1-2 User licence costs $300 or 400 to my best knowledge
(DEC calls it media with basic docs?)
I can tell you how to upgrade to the unlimited user licence for free ;-)
A bit of trickery with LMF and ... ;^]
Hmm, but you'd probably need to multiply memory requirement by x4
so it's out of comparison anyway for the memory intensive apps
(what is not memory intesive anyway? ;^)
AGL