Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:19:10 -0500
From:      Ian Whalley <ian@whalley.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote upgrade from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0

I am already running 4.0-CURRENT on machines to which I have
access, and have been doing for some time.  It's great stuff,
of course [!].

However, I have one machine (which is at the other end of
a few hours of driving involving the New Jersey Turnpike,
which is not my idea of fun) running 3.4-STABLE.  I update
it every so often via SSH, and everything is fine.

In reading UPDATING (and -current), I can't see any way to upgrade
from 3.4-STABLE to (the future) 4.0-STABLE.  This is fair enough,
it being a major revision upgrade (can't see an easy way to
upgrade {AIX,Solaris,HPUX} through a major revision without access
to the console...), but in an effort to save several hour drive,
I figured I'd ask if anyone had had any success doing an upgrade
remotely...

So... anyone done it?

Best;

inw