Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: printing to an hp500 deskjet from wordperfect

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	I just installed wordperfect-8 on both my platforms
> 	(running 2.2.8) and it works well.   As far as the
> 	editing is concerned. Printing is another matter...

Conceptually easy, but infinitely buried. :-)  I'm assuming you're using
the stock LPR on the local box.

1) Run wp as admin:

su
wp -adm

2)  Open a new document.
3)  Select File->Print...
4)  In the Print dialog box, click 'Select...'
5)  In the Select Printer dialog, click 'Printer Create/Edit..'
6)  In the Printer Create/Edit box, click 'Add...'
7)  Select the printer device and click OK.  Click OK again to accept the
printer driver filename.
8)  In the Printer Create/Edit box, select your new printer and click
Setup...
9)  In the Printer Setup dialog, click 'Destination...'
10) In the Select Destination box, click 'Create WPApp...'
11) In the Printer Destination Program, select Create->Automatic...
This will create destinations for all printers defined in /etc/printcap.
12) Select the desired destination and select Edit->Destination...  Modify
to taste.
13) You can create additional destinations if you wish.
14) Select File->Exit and click Yes to save.
15) Your new destinations will appear in the Available Destinations dialog
box.  Select the desired destination and click OK.
16) OK your way out.

> 	Has anybody gotten wp to print using the standard
> 	lp|lpr spooler?  Or is there a translator|filter than
> 	can turn wp files into PostScript?

You can create a passthrough postscript driver with a destination of Disk.

Doug White