Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2013 22:53:12 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lo=EFc?= BLOT <loic.blot@unix-experience.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow bootloader on Dell R320

--=-rHkNowxutydE2PySP3TV

Hello Jeremy,
1. it's a FreeBSD-9.1-p3 (RELEASE) (sorry i haven't the exact output
because i'm not at work, but i'm sure of the release and version).
2. I have only 2 300GB disks in a RAID-1 on a perc H310
3. No ZFS was there, it's UFS2 without tuning options.

--=20
Best regards,
Lo=C3=AFc BLOT,=20
UNIX systems, security and network expert
http://www.unix-experience.fr

Le samedi 22 juin 2013 =C3=A0 13:49 -0700, Jeremy Chadwick a =C3=A9crit :
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 09:37:37PM +0200, Loc BLOT wrote:
> > Hi all !
> > Thanks for the very good support of Dell R320 hardware, perc H310 is
> > well supported, BCM5720 seems to work correctly and performances are
> > great.
> > The only problem i have found is very strange. The FreeBSD bootloader
> > take many times to load, 30sec-2minutes to boot the kernel and show the
> > bootloader menu. After that, the system boots properly, at a normal
> > speed.
> > Is there any issue or optimization i can do ?
> > The OpenBSD bootloader doesn't have this problem.
>=20
> 1. What FreeBSD version exactly?  (Please don't say "9.1", we need to
> know the full version, e.g. 9.1-RELEASE, or if you built your own we
> need uname -a output (you can hide the machine name))
>=20
> 2. How many disks are in the machine?
>=20
> 3. Are any of the disks used for ZFS?
>=20
> There have been **many** improvements to the FreeBSD bootloader with
> regards to things taking a long time on boot-up in semi-recent days, but
> answers to the above questions will determine that.
>=20

--=-rHkNowxutydE2PySP3TV

--=-rHkNowxutydE2PySP3TV--