Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:50:06 -0600
From:      "Brandon Hicks" <trixster@lcii.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem With sshd When updating to -STABLE

Ok, To start out with, let me give you history, I hope this notice of
this error stops someone else from having the same problem

commands i did
ssh2 session:
<snip>
cd /usr/src
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNEL={MYKERNEL}
make installkernel KERNEL={MYKERNEL}
make installworld
reboot
Disconnected.

ssh -l loginname shell
I typed in my password, got disconnected

Problem Found:
the cvsup updated the /usr/src/etc/pam.conf
installworld didn't update it! - This caused a production machine to
be down for almost 12 hours.... Should it have updated it? or was it
an admin mistake? (i will not take offense, maybe loose my job, but no
offense will be taken :)

Brandon Hicks