Date:      Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:02:46 +0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Port of NetBSD's optimized amd64 string code

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 06:39:16PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 02:25:18AM +0800, Xin LI wrote:
> > Here is a patchset that I have produced to make our libc aware of the
> > NetBSD assembly implementation of the string related operations.
>=20
> What performance benchmarks have these been thru?

I'm stilling reading The "Software Optimization Guide for AMD Athlon64
and Opteron" and the disassembly output of latest GCC snapshot to see
if we are on the right way.  No benchmarks has been done yet, but I
will at least test it on Athlon64 tonight to get some numbers, and
if I can arrange a test on our Opteron box at company, I will do some
benchmarks there, too.

BTW.  Would you please give me some hints on the benchmarking?  I am
not sure whether just looping the test cases on some determine dataset
would be enough?

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig--