Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:32:39 +1000
From:      "Mark Hannon" <markhannon@optusnet.com.au>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   5.1 / samba password chat

Hello,

I have been struggling with getting password sync between samba and
freebsd since I upgraded to 5.1 (from 4.8).

The password chat does not work like in 4.8 (as passwd has been PAMified
and does not print out ...changed...
after changing the password anymore).  This means that when I try to
change passwords or join machines to the
domain I get an error from Windows.

Does anyone have a working passwd chat setup for 5.1 that they can
share?

Regards/Mark

PS My password database is local (ie !NIS)