Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 14:10:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        jimshewmaker@calvarychapel.com
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more than 2 B channels

Jim Shewmaker writes:
>    After glancing through RFC-1717, I still am unable to find any
> information on using Multilink PPP to dynamically combine 2 to 4
> B channels at once.  It appears that there may not be anything
> limiting it at the CO, but I would prefer to set up my 3.1-RELEASE
> machine to have one B channel on each async port.  This way the
> other use of our ISDN (live audio feeds for radio broadcast) can be
> dropped individually and at any time without causing problems with
> normal traffic.  There would always be at least 1 B channel
> available for Internet use (so that there is 0-3 B channels for audio
> at any given time).

What are you talking about when you say "one B channel on each
async port"? Are you talking about using two terminal adapters?
You can't have two different terminal adapters connected to the
same ISDN line (unless they have S-interfaces and they're on the
same S-bus).

If you have two ISDN lines and two terminal adapters, then with
the observation that terminal adapters look just like modems, all
you need to do (I think) is set up two-channel multi-link PPP over
your two async ports.

If this isn't a meaningful answer, then I didn't understand your question :-)

-Archie