Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:35:37 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   editing pdf files

Can someone give me advice on editing pdf files?
I have some forms I'm trying to fill out that contain labels followed by
a bunch of underline characters and all I need to do is delete some of the
underlines and add text.

I tried using pdfedit but the modified file doesn't display properly.  I assumed
it would take care of text placement, etc., but it did not produce readable
results.  For example, removing underline characters and replacing them with
"340007174" only displays "3400014"; "75-300mm" displays as "-300mm".  Am I
missing something or does it just not work?

Does anyone have any experience with the open office oracle pdf import extension?
I don't see it in the ports collection,
and I am not sure whether to even try using the linux version.

Thanks,

Gary