Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 00:26:36 +0000 ()
From:      "M.C Wong" <wongm@lespoir.apana.org.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd problem with 2.1R NNTP access

Hi,
    I have been using FreeBSD 2.1R with ijppp for a while now.
The problem I have is when accessing a remote NNTP server at my
ISP site. I always get connection timeout for some reason using
either tin or news reader from Netscape.

    Another box running Win95 running Netscape newsreader, however,
can access the same remote NNTP server WITHOUT problem at all.
Has anyone run into the same problem as me ?

    There is NO firewalling, and ipforwarding enabled. I do not
want to install other news reader just yet before I find out the
cause to my problem.