Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:05:20 -0500
From:      "Mark Einreinhof" <montana1@home.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mail server question

Ok, help me understand the difference in mail servers...

Sendmail handles SMTP traffic, but doesn't handle POP. Is that correct? Does
Sendmail handle IMAP or is that an add on?

If I install UW's IMAP software does that mean I have SMTP/POP/IMAP separate
from Sendmail, or does it mean I just added POP/IMAP to the server and
sendmail handles SMTP?