Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:55:17 +0100
From:      Carlos Jacobo Puga Medina <cjpugmed@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   glxinfo shows "libGL error: failed to load driver: r300"

Hi,

I updated dri and libGL to latest version available. Also I rebuilt libdrm,
libGLU, xorg-sever and its dependencies, but throws this error after I run:

I have in /etc/make.conf:
WITH_NEW_XORG=yes

I noticed that  the dri port has support for WITH_GALLIUM, but if I enable
it then running glxgears causes a segfault. In the opposite case, displays
the error but not a segfault occurs.

% glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
libGL error: failed to load driver: r300
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
<snip>

% dmesg | tail -n 7
drm0: <ATI Radeon AS 9550> on vgapci0
info: [drm] AGP at 0xb8000000 64MB
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.31.0 20080613
info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
info: [drm] Loading R300 Microcode
info: [drm] Num pipes: 1
info: [drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs

Any suggestions?

--CJPM