Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:35:33 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMP kernel and ES1373 sound card

Hi all,

I have a 4.4/5 workstation dual PIII/Microstar mbd. If I use it with the SMP
kernel the machine hangs completely at fairly regular intervals (about once
every half hour) for a minute, then works fine again.

The kernel is GENERIC+SMP+pcm.
If I use GENERIC with only pcm (no SMP) the problem goes away.

Anybody knows about or seen this? Should I change the sound card?

TIA

dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1373-8> port 0xe000-0xe03f irq 10 at device 15.0 on pci0