Date:      Sat, 04 Apr 1998 11:25:33 GMT
From:      ircadmin@shellnet.co.uk (Steven Fletcher)
To:        Mike <mike@seidata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 8 char username limitations

>superlongusername@yourdomain	user@yourdomain
>
>Then you would just do a 'makemap hash /etc/virtusertable <
>/etc/virtusertable' to create a .db file for sendmail.  You may need to
>restart the sendmail daemon for the changes to take affect.
>
>Just an idea...  and I'm sure you'll get 10-20 more that are better before
>this reaches you...  that's the beauty of this list. :)

This isn't the way I want to do it. I need to proper, real login names
so that popper, sendmail, ftp, and everything else will work from just
one hack, not a load of aliases, references, etc etc. I already use
the virtuserablt in any case for @domain.com 	fred, but I would like
it to be:

@domain.com	fred-mail-pickup

-Steven Fletcher (steven@shellnet.co.uk)