Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 17:28:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject:   Re: Yowza!

> How can they distinguish a typical crash of NT from a bad chip? ;-)

They can't. The chip is electrically tested in a rig and then placed in a
PC and booted. If it's an NT failure, I think it goes to a special bad
parts pile. Bear in mind that this would be the same pile as all of the
other mysterious failures. I haven't seen one BSOD at work. I think they
do a good job of keeping the NT config locked down.

-----
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |