Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:53:48 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Robert Noland <rnoland@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-screensaver wirdness

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

DM> JMC> > I see this periodically when doing port updates.  I think that it has to
DM> JMC> > do with re-installing either gnome-screensaver or consolekit.  A reboot
DM> JMC> > has always solved it for me.
DM> JMC>
DM> JMC> Actually, it's gdm.  Every time gdm gets updated, you need to logout of
DM> JMC> GNOME, restart gdm, then log back in.
DM>
DM> Well, this scheme helped all the times before, but now it at least seems it
DM> does not. I'll try to test it again after returning home and report back the
DM> results.

Well, for two contemporary RELENG_7/i386 machines I confirm than ewen after
portupgrade -f gdm gnome-screensaver consolekit
and subsequent reboot, activating screensaver leads to the effect described
earlier.

Both machines use VESA X driver, if it's important.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck@FreeBSD.org ]