Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 16:40:44 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Good, cheap 100BaseT Ethernet cards?

I'm looking for some good, cheap 100BaseT Ethernet cards which are
supported by drivers included with FreeBSD. Unfortunately, the ones listed
in the "Readme" are "name brands" -- and are going for $80-100 instead of
the $20 that most people seem to be paying for Ethernet NICs for WinDoze.
For example, the Netgear FA310TX is priced in the mid-$20's and comes from
a reputable company, but I can't tell if it will work.

Does anyone have a handle on a good, inexpensive brand that's known to be
compatible? I'll need a few 32-bit PCI units and one or two for ISA, so I'm
interested in recommendations for both.

--Brett