Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:51:35 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Patrik_=C5str=F6m?= <patrik.astrom@tv3.se>
To:        "'Greg Lehey'" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What to use instead of inittab

IM not running any kind of terminal software, this is more a generic
question how to solve the problem with applications that is dying. I would
like to have these application restarted as soon as possible after they die.

e.g. lets say I have some FreeBSD boxes that does very little and I would
like to donate the spare CPU cycles to the distributed.net project, these
boxes is almost never attended to and it would be a shame if the rc5des
application stopped running and I there for not did contribute all the spare
CPU cycles I would like it to.

Is there some sort of daemon I could install that would do this thing
instead of a inittab ?

// Patrik