Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:08:32 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>, Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devfs deficiencies (was: devfs and Vinum (was: any -current && vinum problems?))

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0108161053090.18201-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>, Ju
lian Elischer writes:

>> A quick script run on the cvs tree paints this picture of number
>> of commits to src/sys/miscfs/devfs per year:
>>
>> 		julian		phk		other
>> 	1995	56		 3		15
>> 	1996	20		10		43
>> 	1997	21		13		16
>> 	1998	15		 2		24
>
>--at this point SOS and PHK delete half of devfs... Both are in core..
>Julian feels he has no avenue of recourse and gives up..--

	if (!strcmp("DEVFS", "SLICE"))
		return (ECONFUSED);

Julian, you had four years, during which you didn't even manage to
make half of the commits made to the DEVFS code during that period.

If it is to be counted as my only achivement on -core that I timed
out SLICE and DEVFS, I'll still be proud of what I did there.