Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:18:36 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise Ultra100 Drivers

OK, maybe I can't read (and I'm preparing to get ripped on replies) but I
can't find any mention of ATA/100, ATA100, Ultra 100 or Promise in the
4.1.1 Release Notes.

I'm going to install 4.1.1 on a machine later today but we're looking at
buying new machines based on the Intel 815 chipset and before we do I want
to make sure that FreeBSD will support that chipset and also support
ATA/100 drives using the new controllers.  I've asked about this chipset
before and the only problems people seem to have were with video.  These
machines are going to be servers so we don't need anything more than text
console interfaces so as long as we can get that then we don't have a problem.

 From what I've been reading on this list, it does appear that FreeBSD
4.1.1 does support ATA/100.  I just wanted to see if there was a written
reference for this.  If we get the go ahead from here then we'll go ahead
and move ahead with our purchases.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oscar