Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:48:46 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Andre Cameron <camcom@optonline.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Shell scripts?

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:33:21AM -0400, Andre Cameron wrote:
> Hey I just made l
> which holds ls -al -color
> then I chmod l to 777 in /bin and tried in /usr/bin and when I type l it
> says command not found... In red hat if I hit l it would call my l script!
> not that this is redhat:)  plus why no pico? vi is a pain:(  HELP PLEASE:)

Don't know. Maybe you can show us the output of "ls -la /bin/l" or
/usr/sbin/l or whereever you've stored it. Also, "which l" might
give some clues. And last but not least, the cat-ted output of the
program itself. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a typo in it
;-)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org