Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:00:28 EST
From:      LFLOYD62B <LFLOYD62B@aol.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Browser incompatibility with FreeBSD server?

I am using a Macintosh 68030 machine with MacOS 7.53 Rev 2, Mac TCP 2.06, Open
Transport 1.1, AOL 3.0. Using  Netscape  browser I tried about 10 times to
download the FreeBSD floppy files. Each time the download pulled up gibberish
in the browser and flashed percentages as if it was downloading but it never
asked where to download the file, & when it reached 100% it appeared to start
all over again then crashes & AOL then logs me off. So I decided to switch
browsers to see what it would do it appears to be working fine with the AOL
browser. Did this happen because they are unix files and my other browser
didn't know what to do with them? Why does this happen with your server? How
can I prevent this from happening with my macintosh 3.04 netscape customers?
Is this a bug?