Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:32:06 -0500
From:      Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a tiny embedded system that supports *BSD

Hello all,

A project I'm working on requires a really small box (at most 15x9x3cm
in size, but ideally smaller) that's capable of running one of the
four BSDs.

The catch is that it must have its own battery supply capable of
powering the system for at least 5 hours. The other major requirements
are one RS-232 and at least one USB ports. The battery should be
recharged through the USB port. If there is a separate power cord, I
will have to somehow join it and the usb cable into a single non-usb
connector (which I'd like to avoid if at all possible). Finally, it
must support some kind of removable storage (e.g. CF card).

This system will essentially be a portable translator of one type of
communication protocol to another with data flowing between the RS-232
and USB ports. Obviously, I don't need any video output or any kind of
input. Just need a tiny box with two cables coming out of it. Do you
know of anything that might work?

- Max