Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 20:02:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xemacs 19.13 diffs - will someone commit them under my name?

On Mon, December 4, 1995 at 16:32:47 (-0800), Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
 > > 	These diffs incorporate the diffs for the xemacs 19.13 package, but
 > > add necessary steps to enable the native audio support under FreeBSD.  I've
 > > tested it pretty thoroughly and it works great...

 > Cool!

	Yeah!  A friend that runs linux was telling me how cool xemacs
19.13 was cause of the sounds.  I was like, "buh?"  I then decided my
system had to do the slap bass and cookoo sounds et al.  As you can see by
the patches, the changes were pretty darn minimal (because the driver's
pretty much the same).

 > > -    ((memq system-type '(netbsd))
 > > +    ((memq system-type '(netbsd freebsd))

 > Not so cool.. :-(

 > When are we ever going to get in good enough with the 3rd parties to
 > actually get ourselves supported natively?  Is it just that our ports
 > and packages collection is so good that nobody bothers making stuff
 > compile out of box anymore? :-)

	Hehe.  Who knows - but they at least do now have an unexfreebsd.c
that comes with it...

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead